Discover Texas Instruments through our rotation programs!
This is your chance to jumpstart your career. Our robust rotation programs will provide you the opportunity to solve problems and invent solutions through a variety of hands-on, meaningful experiences from the very first day on the job. You’ll receive personal mentorship from world-class experts, along with training and development opportunities to help you quickly make an impact at TI. Through our rotations, you’ll be armed with the know-how and personal connections you need to grow your long-term career at TI.
During the first year, you’ll also participate in our Make an Impact program, offering engineering and professional classroom courses, quarterly hands-on sessions with experts and opportunities to meet other participants and our senior leaders.
Engineering Rotation Programs
Analog Design Program, 24 months
Architect new TI products and make our customers’ visions a reality in this program, which gives you in-depth experience to define, design, model and verify integrated circuits. You’ll learn how your designs will actually work in a real world environment.
- Accelerate your development with a variety of rotations. You will work on circuit design – learning how to layout, verify the design and use sophisticated design tools. Then you’ll validate, test and troubleshoot how your designs work once manufactured.
- Get exposure early on in your career as you learn the life cycle of a product design and gain a deeper understanding of product development, so you are fully equipped to hit the ground running on your own designs.
Applications Rotation Program, 12 months
Be part of the cutting-edge in this program that gives you firsthand exposure to our customers to solve specific design challenges and provide technical solutions to customers that will ultimately go into consumer products like smartphones, PC peripherals, personal medical devices, electric cars, e-bikes and much more. You’ll also design functional evaluation modules and optimized reference designs using either current products or products in development.
- Get hands on experience in various applications engineering roles where you will work with our customers, sales force, marketing and product development engineering teams.
- Become a technical expert focused on industry-leading analog and embedded processing products.
Embedded Processing Software Design Program, 18 months
Join us in making our advanced embedded hardware more accessible to our customers through platform software and development tools, combining modern programming skills with deep computer architecture knowledge – where hardware meets software. You’ll collaborate with our marketing, systems and applications engineering teams as part of the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, design, implementation, test, debug, demo development, through deployment.
- Be a part of a software design team where you’ll learn the essentials of embedded systems design techniques, including foundational software development processes, the software development life-cycle and software development tools.
- Work with external customers where you’ll develop application demos while you build relationships with developers, other designers and the sales team.
Product, Test and Validation Engineer Rotation Program, 24 months
Work with customers, external partners, and our teams around the globe to test and troubleshoot issues, and analyze semiconductor product performance in a range of different conditions.
- As a product, test or validation engineer, you play a vital role in assuring the quality and performance of our innovative IC products. From test software and hardware development to product debugging and test optimization – you help ensure our products are consistently competitive and leading in the market.
- You’ll gain an inside track through your rotations. The first in product and test engineering, then a second complementary rotation where you’ll dive deeper into manufacturing, quality, design verification or validation engineering.
Product Marketing Engineer Rotation Program, 12 months
Use your technical expertise to understand customers and our sales teams’ current and future needs, as well as identify key marketing objectives to attract, engage and grow the customer base in target regions and markets. With thorough understanding of competition, roadmaps and technology trends, you will execute a wide range of marketing activities, including overall marketing strategy, portfolio marketing, growth initiatives, opportunity management and pricing.
- Experience a variety assignments in product marketing, product pricing and digital marketing.
- Work directly with customers, our digital storefront and online communities to ensure our technologies are in the next great innovations around the world.
FAST Rotation Program - Technical Sales Engineer track, 8 months
Are you an early technology adopter and want a glimpse of the latest products before anyone else? Combine your technical expertise with selling skills to develop and deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ biggest technology challenges. TSRs (Technical Sales Representatives) are responsible for the customer strategy and development of an overall business plan. They combine their technical skills with selling and marketing skills in order to maximize customer identification, with the goal of winning all IC’s on a given project. TSRs leverage relationships and business acumen to convert won IC’s into revenue and business for us.
Be on the frontline in your first year at TI through several multi-month rotations, including assignments in field sales, product marketing, and/or sales operations to help prepare you for a career in technical sales.
Work directly with customers to ensure our technologies are in the next great innovations around the world.
FAST Rotation Program - Field Applications Engineer track, 12 months
The FAE (Field Applications Engineer) is a trusted technical advisor to external customers and internal teams. FAEs combine strong technical capabilities with business knowledge in order to identify and win IC’s in customer systems. Utilize your technical competency on product selection, systems and implementation and debugging.
Your two, six-month rotations will be in two different applications engineering roles. One will be working in a customer-facing role and the other experience will be working with our systems engineering team. We aim to provide you with new experiences for each of your rotations as you will be working with a different group, different technology, and different customers. In either role, you will have the opportunity to work with our customers, sales force, marketing and product development engineering teams.
At the end of your program, you will deploy to a field sales office as a Field Applications Engineer.
Technology and Manufacturing Rotation Program, 18-24 months
Become a technical leader who brings breakthrough innovations to life by manufacturing products that change the world.
- From working in our clean room environment on advanced tools and equipment to developing next-generation semiconductor process technology, from process optimization to test development, you’ll be part of an organization that has the world’s most advanced factories, leading edge processes, and world class engineering talent.
- Experience two different assignments – start in a challenging role inside a TI manufacturing site or on an engineering team, then rotate to a second role designed to broaden your experiences and grow your expertise.
Facilities Engineering Rotation Program, 24 months
Experience various roles that support building and semiconductor wafer fab facilities. You’ll design, install and operate more than 150 different utility systems that include chemical, gas, electrical, water, cleanroom, HVAC and controls, with a focus on safety and the environment. These infrastructure systems are designed to operate interruption-free in support of our 24/7/365 manufacturing operations where our world-changing technologies are created.
This program consists of two 1-year assignments where participants develop within the Facilities Engineering or ESH tracks. The Facilities engineering track provides rotations through site and systems specific engineering roles. The ESH track includes rotations within the Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics or Environmental departments.
Business Rotation Programs
Digital Marketing Associate Program, 15-21 months
We are searching for creative, tech-minded graduates with degrees in marketing, communications, or a related field. In this fast-paced rotation program, you will to learn to develop digital marketing and communications programs for TI’s breakthrough technologies with three-month rotations in digital marketing, web operations, content marketing, and corporate and employee communications, and an elective rotation in a specialized area such as social media, issues management, analytics or personalization.
Finance, Accounting & Operations Program, 36 months
For graduates with finance, accounting, industrial engineering, supply chain or related degrees, our rotation program gets you started on the fast track in finance at TI. Our roles are integral to the success of our overall business, and provide you with visibility into financial reporting, business planning, manufacturing, supply chain management and much more.
You’ll have the opportunity to rotate through three different assignments.
Human Resources Development Program, 36 months
As a member of our global human resources (HR) team, you will work with leaders across the company to help ensure that we have the talent and capabilities needed to win in the highly competitive and dynamic semiconductor market. As strategic partners, HR plays a critical role in the company’s success, and you will, too.
Are you trying to decide between being a specialist or a generalist? Our program gives you the opportunity to explore both – one as an HR business partner and the other in a specialist role (recruiting, compensation, development, employee relations, etc.).
Information Technology Program, 36 months
Partner with our development, manufacturing, and business teams to collaborate and innovate system solutions to business problems during this three-year program. IT supports the applications and technology infrastructure for engineering, sales, manufacturing, finance, supply chain and security.
- As a business analyst, use your technical skills to understand business and technology requirements as well as analyze and understand business need.
- As a developer, you support the design, development and implementation of new systems and upgrade projects.
- As a system and infrastructure administrator, you manage and maintain an extensive installed base of servers, network devices, databases, storage devices and computers running various technologies and applications.
You’ll be a valued member of the team and gain a strong understanding of business processes, how to develop quality solutions and enable business decisions.
Supply Chain Analyst, 36 months
Apply your strategic sourcing and logistics knowledge to engage with our global team, suppliers, factory management and engineers working to reduce costs and streamline processes.
Three 1-year diverse and challenging rotations providing exposure across our supply chain including rotations through procurement, logistics and/or operations.